We spent a few hours with Tapatio Blanco last night, and really started to get a nice feel for this tequila. We plan to do a full video-style review of it very soon, but there are a few things worth mentioning right away.
1) It’s selling pretty fast. I went down to Liquid Experience yesterday, and was told that they sold out of their first order (2 cases) in just 2 days. If I were you, I would get this tequila now, if you can.
2) At $29.99 for a 1 liter bottle, it’s VERY affordable. As a general rule, a tequila this inexpensive usually means its great for throwing in a margarita, but not for drinking it straight. Tapatio blanco breaks this rule. We drank it all night long and never got tired, bored, or fatigued.
3) You can buy it online at a few places, including D&M Liquors. I’ve been told that they have plenty of it (but who knows!)
4) My tasting notes from last night were entered into the Tequila Matchmaker app, are:
“I don’t think you can get a better tequila for the money than Tapatio blanco. With a nose full of black licorice, anise, and pepper, you will be eager to dive right in. The flavor is a minty fresh burst of agave – perfect for a true blanco lover. It is vibrant and fresh and easy to drink.”
5) If you’ve never tasted a “fresh” tequila before, try this one now. It was literally just bottled, and drinking it is almost like drinking it straight out of the still. It’s vibrant and bursting with flavor, which is something you don’t normally find unless you happen to be visiting a distillery in Mexico.
If you’ve tasted it, please share your feedback with us (we may even ready your comments in our video review.)